Friday, January 13, 2012

Funny Failures: Hot Roll Mix


Yep, HOT ROLL MIX ... not "oh I love fresh bread from the bread maker but i'm too lazy to make the dough and too cheap to buy the real bread maker mix so I'll try out this $1 box of HOT ROLL MIX I got from the Dollar Tree in my machine EVEN THOUGH there are NO directions for making this product in a bread maker on the package!" haha

That's me :)  Really, my thought was... what's the harm, if it works, GREAT! If it doesn't ... oh well, it was worth a try! 

Mix, egg, yeast, water, butter ... check!


So I turned on the machine and made dinner, did some laundry, watched some TV anxiously awaiting that high pitched beep to go off in 3 hours and 10 minutes and a nice, hot, fresh loaf of white bread! 

But, this is what I got ...
Yeahhhh .... umm only rose about a 1/3 of the way up the pan ...

Doughy in the middle and crusty floury mess on the outside ...

 
Not too shabby... the front piece does have butter slathered allllll over it and a nibble or two, haha yes, I was impatient and wanted to try the bread ...



In all honesty, it wasn't that bad... it also wasn't that good! haha take it from me and don't try to take the easy and cheap way out when you want delicious fresh bread, k?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment