Monday, January 23, 2012

From our kitchen to yours: Sausage Balls

I don't know about you, but I LOVE BREAKFAST! Yes, I sincerely adore a nice, hearty, warm breakfast but most of the time, I don't have the time to make one during the week.  I work 45 mins away from home so often it's yogurt and dry cereal for me. 

Charles' family has a Christmas morning tradition of sausage balls.  Yep, prep em the night before, pop em on a pan in the morning and bake them until golden brown, place in bowls and pass around while you open presents! Oh yes, and always enjoy them with a nice glass of orange juice.  So, I thought, why not make sausage balls for a week day winter breakfast treat!  GENIUS, I know ...

3 cups bisquick, 2 cups shredded cheese, 1 roll of sausage

Mix well with hands, microwave 20 seconds at a time, if necessary for proper incorporation.

Scoop your little sausage balls and place into a tupperwear tub.

Gettin' a large batch ready for the week, take out however many you want for that meal and bake then to ensure freshness.

Place sausage balls on a non stick pan and bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes.

mMm Delicious breakfast goodies !

No comments:

Post a Comment