Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME :)


Wow ! Birthdays have never really been all that special to me ... it's like okay, why are we celebrating me and another year of life.  Everytime I think about my birthday I think about my Mom, the one who carried me in her womb for 9+ months and who has raised me to be the Godly woman I am today (or trying to be).  And thank you to the Lord for this birth and his death that has given me eternal life through his sacrifice.  For that I celebrate and I am truly grateful :)


Here's a fun little birthday prayer I found :

"Lord, let this feast of my birth be a reminder to me of all the gifts and blessings I have received from You this day and all the days of my life. On my day of celebration, I thank you for my life and all of my blessings and ask for another year filled with Your presence in my life that I may continue to grow in your love.


Gracious God, I thank You for enabling me to celebrate my birthday. Lord You have been good to me all these years and I thank You for all the blessings I have recieved but especially for life itself.

Creator God, I do not know what lies ahead for me this year. Yet I know that You are holding my future in Your hand. Let my ways be pleasing to you. As You have promised, be with me, Lord. Grid me with Your strength and grace so that I can live for Your light. Enable me to draw closer to You that I may walk in your peace and be the creative and loving person that you intend for me to be. I ask this and all things in the sure and certain knowledge of your love for me and for all your people. Amen."


Today will include one of my favorite things with my most precious husband ... RED ROBIN ! haha okay I know it's just a burger place but I worked at one in Cary, NC for 3 years (in college) and WOW that's the best food ever ! I mean seriously everything on in menu is DELICIOUS !

mMm Banzai Burger I can't wait to enjoy your deliciousness :)

I wish I had a Blue Moon Bakery cake (another place I worked in Cary throughout high school ... best bakery EVER).  Maybe a Starlight Strawberry, or a Milky Way ... or better yet ... their Carrot Cake :)

Anyways ... December 1st is also ...

World AIDs Day ... Greeeaaattttt
1913 – The Ford Motor Company introduces the first moving assembly line.
1955 – American Civil Rights Movement: In Montgomery, Alabama, seamstress Rosa Parks refuses to give up her bus seat to a white man and is arrested for violating the city's racial segregation laws, an incident which leads to the Montgomery Bus Boycott.

haha alright ... it is Wednesday, and I am at work ... so I better get to work :) God bless and thanks for all the birthday love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment