mMm okay I LOVE the white cheese dip from Mexican restaurants but, y'all knowing how cheap I am... I HATE to pay for it. Really it's like $3.50 or more for a tiny bowl, and you can buy it at the grocery store and it's over $4?! REALLY!? So, one time, when I was at my hometown favorite Mexican joint, I asked them, "What kind of cheese is this? Is it some secret, addicting Mexican delight?" The waiter laughed and told me it was actually, WHITE AMERICAN CHEESE.
No, I'm not kidding. Seriously... THIS STUFF
So, I decided to give it a try.
"Mexican White Cheese Sauce"
1. Unwrap 3 to 4 slices of White American Cheese.
2. Tear cheese into smaller pieces and place in a microwave safe bowl.
3. Microwave on high for 15-18 seconds.
4. Take out, stir, add in a splash of milk.
5. Heat for another 12-15 seconds.
6. Take out, stir, add more milk.
7. You're trying to get a nice, thin melted texture, so keep repeating these steps until you have your desired consistency.
8. Take bowl in hand, open a bag of chips and enjoy!
Seriously, THAT EASY! A whole package of white American cheese is less than $3 and you can get about 4-5 batches, or 8-10 servings out of it. Yeahhhhh, take that expensive cheese dip :)