Thursday, April 21, 2011

Crafty Creations : Garden sign

Well all y'all know mother's day is coming up soon !  It's very difficult for me to buy anything for my mom or mother-in-law because well, they have everything they need/want ... so I love to give them the gift of me ! i.e. quality time. 

I was talking to my mom on the phone the other day and she was talking a lot about her "garden" or the flowers she has planted in the front of their home.  She always likes to put up little seasonal signs so I thought it'd be fun to make one and bring it to her. 

I drew this and was going to add color and make it look so pretty :)

I had a great idea of one that I drew and I was going to use my silhouette to cut it out (see above), but, well, I'm busy and that sign will have to come another time.  I went to my ever so favorite Dollar Tree (yes everything is a dollar or less) and found these supplies to make a quick gift :)


 

Supplies
Decorative plaque ($1 they had about 3 designs)
heavy duty fly swatter ($1)
Staple gun (had at home)


cute sign

Securely staple fly swatter to back of sign

Finished product! A good gift for $2 !

No comments:

Post a Comment