Thursday, October 28, 2010

Good Finds : Mayberry's Finest Buttermilk Biscuit Mix

I love biscuits !!! I've tried so many recipes to get the perfect buttermilk biscuit but they always come up short (no flavor or not fluffy enough and sometimes just down right bad).  Living in eastern NC has it's benefits, one of those being Piggly Wiggly!  haha I know I know I bet you laughed a little bit too ... this city girl born and raised in Cary, NC going to a Piggly Wiggly ... say it ain't so!  In my search to find the ultimate biscuit recipe I stumbled upon the product below.  Yes it did start out as a joke, Charles is a huge Andy Griffith fan and we have all of the seasons (black and white episodes) on DVD.  I saw this at our local Piggly Wiggly and had to get it.  I was not expecting it to be that good, Sorry Aunt Bea :)


                 Mayberry's Finest Buttermilk Biscuit Mix (sorry for the blurry pictures)
       Word of warning, we have tried a few of the other mixes and they are not good :(
Holy Cow these things are DELICIOUS !!! Charles and I could eat these at any meal :)  I promise you they are that good ! And very easy to make !

Preheat oven to 450 (yeah mine never actually makes it there)
Open pouch, pour out contents into bowl
Add 1/2 cup of cold water
Mix until soft dough forms
Roll out/cut or drop biscuits onto a greased cookie sheet
Cook for 12-14 minutes
I always melt a little butter/margerine and brush the tops about 9 mins in for a nice buttery top
Take them out and enjoy !

Buttery, fluffy, amazing little southern morsels :)  So if you come over to my house for breakfast or dinner and you see these on the table ... you know where they came from, and after you try them, you'll by them in bulk! And if they're ever out at "The Pig" they are probably all in my pantry... feel free to stop on by, we always have some in stock at the Barrett house :)

No comments:

Post a Comment