Friday, September 28, 2012

Baby Shower #3: Owen Girls


Simply writing the title "Baby Shower #3" has me completely overwhelmed and blessed, and there's still one more shower on the way! Brooke Grayson, YOU ARE SO VERY LOVED! Praise the Lord for all the many influential people  in our lives who love and support us as family and friends.  Well, this delightful event was last Saturday in my old neck of the woods (close to where I grew up and where I went to college). 

Well, I was big into Campus Crusade for Christ or Cru  in college and had the blessing of serving as a Bible Study leader for some sweet girls younger than me. I was placed with one of the most precious women I know and cannot begin to tell you all of the many trials, struggles, and joys that came out of this "Owen Girls" group.  Heather and I prayed, before the group even formed that this wouldn't just be a fleeting friendship that lasts in college, no, we wanted God to take control of their lives and unite them for a life time.  GOD IS SO GOOD! Everytime we see each other for cupcakes, sleepover, or baby shower, we pick back up just like it was yesterday.  We are all older and wiser, some working, some married, but all still devoted to each other and our relationship with the Lord.  I love these ladies and wish we could see each other more often.  They are truly Godly women and I pray nothing but the best for all of their lives!

 The invitations were sweet and pink and girly and I chose red, black and white to wear because I was going to an NCSU football game that evening... so when I arrived and saw the theme "Welcome to the Pack" it was perfect! haha

mMm... Breakfast casserole, yogurt parfaits, coffee cake, punch, cupcakes AND cake!


mMm beautiful and delicious!
AMAZING Block S ice cubes for the punch!
Chattin' with the ladies, we had so much to catch up on!
Some of the sweet Owen girls, gahlee they're beautiful inside and out!

Catching up!

Most of the gals! 2 of the ladies had other commitments, praise the Lord for these women and their support and love in my life!


As if their presence wasn't enough... they brought PRESENTS too! 
An adorable, soft elephant with Miss Brooke's monogram!
Officially an "Owen Girl"!!!
One of the many handmade gifts from my dear Heather Myers!
My co-leader... LOVE HER!
Adorable guest favors :) 
 
Sweet sign to welcome our little one to the Wolfpack family!

Yeah, I look HUGE compared to tall skinny "Friddle" haha
SO VERY BLESSED by these sweet sweet ladies!

The sweet hostesses!
haha yep, there's a baby in there! 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment