Friday, October 27, 2017

Growin' like a Weed: Charlotte - 12 months


Height: 29" 
Weight: 21 lbs

Likes: Mommy, Mommy's milk, and being held by me! Charlotte's happy place is still in my arms/on my hip, still, but is finding a bit more freedom and independence.  She's official walking. Okay, no walking is not her primary mode of transportation but she can take a few steps, stop, and take a few more. She is still into dumping toys and making a mess (board books, the kitchen set, magnets on the fridge) but it keeps her entertained and off me while I fix dinner, so we go with it! Annnnd water! ANYTIME she sees water... she's in it! 

Dislikes: If someone other than Mommy picks her up, haha or if I move away from her sayyy 5 feet to grab something.  She also gets pretty darn ticked when you take something away from her that she's not suppose to be chewing on (shoe, small toy, toothbrush, toys Brooke and Taylor leave on the floor, mulch, sand, etc.). She still hates her carseat. AND we found out she doesn't like medicine. I gave, scratch that ATTEMPTED TO GIVE her some ibuprofen after her 4 shots at her well check up and she screamed the whole time.

Sleeping: Two naps a day still.  2-3-4 schedule.  Wakes around 7ish naps 2 hours after she wakes up (normally an hour to 1.5 then is awake for 3 hours takes a 2 hour nap that normally coincides with Taylor's (PRAISE THE LORD). Once she wakes, it's 4 hours until bedtime! I'm going to say she sleeps through the night. Yes, there are a few fluke nights every now and then, but pretty much she sleeps from 7:30-7:30. Thank. You. Lord. AND I'm back in my room sleeping with my husband, BUT  I still stay up until AT LEAST midnight getting work/housework/miscellaneous things done that I can't do during the day with the girls. 

Eating: Nurses when she wakes.  Morning, after first nap, after 2nd nap and at bedtime (but she doesn't nurse to sleep).  I've had a few folks ask me when we're going to stop nursing. I'm not sure. I just follow my kids lead. B and T both stopped, abruptly around 13 months.  She loves food now and pretty much eats whatever I put on her plate.  She seems to really like meat/chicken, scrambled eggs, veggie straws, and anything I put in front of her. Charlotte also now has 5 teeth! She also stinks at drinking water through a straw or sippy cup.  Grrrrr don't take a big mouthful and proceed to empty the contents of your mouth on your chest child!

Playing: Charlotte loves dumping toys and putting everything in her mouth. She's becoming a lot more vocal and enjoys "talking" while looking at board books. Slides, yes, outdoor slides.  The fridge magnets are always on the floor, as is the "dishwasher contents" from the kitchen set.  Charlottttte! Our sandbox is a favorite spot for her. She is curious about animals, but not a big fan of them.  Charlotte likes to crawl under the dining room table and play while we finish dinner. Silly little lady!

Big Sisters:  Nicknames were a bit slim this past month.  Brooke - Shawlet is how Brooke pronounces her name.  She also calls her Baby Love Love.  Taylor - Challie is how she pronounces her name.  She likes to call her Doh Doh (which I don't approve of). Brooke is getting confident in her mother, I mean sistering abilities. She can now pick up Charlotte and take her out of her crib. She can also buckle and unbuckle herself and her sisters.  Chick is on a roll!  It's fun seeing her learn and grow and frustrating at times.  It's crazy to me how just yesterday she couldn't put on her own pants and now she gets herself AND Taylor dressed and ready to go for the day.  Yes, she tells Tay exactly what to wear and forces her way and manipulates her sister, but she's learning! hahaha Taylor.  Y'all. She's a mess. Like talking up a storm. Saying the sassiest things in the most innocent way, and attempting to give us looks. Bahahaha she's a riot.  Little stinker pushes Charlotte down, takes her toys, withholds her favorite toys from Charlotte, fusses if Brooke BREATHES ON HER TOO HARD.  Oh Lord help me.  Lord help me.  So there it is.  12 months. One year with 3 kids.  I'd like to say it was easy. I'd like to say it was hard. haha but truth be told... I live one day at a time and do my best to soak up each moment. To be at peace with where God has me and what He gives me each day and to live in that power.  Dear Lord, you are good. You knew each and everyday before it happened and you have us in the palm of your hand. Father, we love and trust you with each of our days.  Thy will be done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment