Wednesday, March 7, 2012

From our kitchen to yours

I love sweets! Charles, well, he likes some sweets and he's mighty particular about how and when he eats them.  I saw this recipe for Caramel Toffee Latte Cupcakes over at a blog I read Kevin & Amanda and I had to make them!

Okay, Charles HATES coffee... scratch that.  Ehhh lets use the IDEA of this recipe and make something semi-homemade and "Charles friendly".

You can go to their website above and follow her directions... I didn't, but basically, you need chocolate cupcakes, toffee bits (heath bar), homemade Caramel buttercream, and chocolate to drizzle (I just used left over "can" chocolate frosting).



So here's my home-made Caramel buttercream recipe I made up that is TO DIE FOR!

1/2 a bag of square caramels
1/4 cup of Great Value Brand Creme Brulee Coffee Creamer
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract


Melt caramels over a double boiler (or a heavy bowl over a saucepan of almost boiling water) until smooth.  Remove from heat.  Add in 1/4 cup creamer and stir until well incorporated, let cool.  Take butter, that has softened to room temp, place in stand mixer bowl and beat with the wisk blade.  Add in caramel solution, 3 cups of powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. Whip until it forms medium peaks (about 5 minutes).

Seriously, this is some of the best buttercream I HAVE EVER TASTED! No need to refridgerate. Just DEVOUR!

Oh, and in case you were wondering... CHARLES LOVED THEM! I have never seen the man eat a cupcake that fast in my entire life!  Success.




No comments:

Post a Comment