Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sounds like Life to me: Keep your head up

" I am suffering ... Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day."          
                                                                                           - 2 Timothy 1:12

I get daily emails from Heartlight.org and they are amazing! A bible verse, explanation of the verse or a thought, and a prayer.  Well, today is Thursday... at 4pm we have the Dr. follow up appt from the miscarriage.  Needless to say I am on edge today.  This past week has been tough... and this verse this morning was perfect.  Now, we in no way have suffered to the extent of Paul (the one writing here in 2 Timothy) or Job, but after this past week, I was feeling pretty low. 

THOUGHT:
"As Paul faced very difficult circumstances near the end of his life, many of those he had led to the Lord abandoned him. But he was confident that the Lord would not abandon him! He had committed his life to Jesus as Lord. That Lord would ensure that the investment Paul had made would not be wasted. His life, his future, and his eternal destiny were entrusted to the Lord. He was confident that they were also secure in the Lord. He believed with every fiber of his being that on a special day known only to God, Jesus will return and every knee will bow and Paul's faith in the Lord will be joyously validated."


PRAYER:  mMm I love this prayer ... it really blessed me today :)
"Almighty God, I believe, but please strengthen my faith so that no matter what I may endure, my confidence in you will remain firm and my hope may remain vibrant. I entrust to you all that I am and all that I hope to be, believing fully that you will bring me through whatever lies ahead and bring me into your glorious presence with great joy. In Jesus' glorious name I pray. Amen."

Photographer captured this shot of me praying with the bridesmaids and lady family members right before I walked down the aisle, wow, what an amazing day that has truly changed my life for the better... and for that, I praise God :)

2 comments:

  1. Kim, I just read your blog about everything that's happened. :( I am so, so sorry. Thank you for being such an encouragement to others through your own suffering. Your attitude is inspiring and God is definitely using you through your pain. I cannot imagine how you are feeling and I am in prayer for you and your husband now and in the days to come.

    Much love,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear :) We appreciate the prayers and we pray that God protects our married friends that they do have to go through this,sadly, we know the odds are not in everyone favor. It has been nice to write about it on the blog and heal, I haven't wanted to talk a lot but this helped me get it all out and look at the big picture. God is good and we can't wait for the day we can rejoice over a child.

    <3 Kim

    ReplyDelete