Saturday, January 19, 2013

Growin' like a weed: 1 Month





Height: 20.5" (53%)
Weight: 8lbs 5oz (45%)

Likes: Brooke really likes being held and moving.  It’s not enough JUST to be held sometimes, and sometimes rocking isn’t enough! She wants you to walk, and bounce and pat her booty.  Haha I blame this on me being exceptionally active my entire pregnancy… Zumba twice a week for 40 weeks, yeah, all my fault!

Dislikes: THE CARSEAT/CAR RIDES! Oh my gracious… bless her precious little heart. This was TORTURE going to Thanksgiving! We had to stop and pull over to calm her down.  From shaking the carseat, to a white noise machine on our phone, I even had to talk to her for what seemed like FOREVER one time to keep her distracted enough to tolerate the ride!

Sleeping: She’s never really been bad at sleeping.  She didn’t like to be swaddled at first, and now she does. She can’t sleep unless swaddled.  At night, she’s pretty good! Anywhere from 2-5 hour stretches at the moment.

Eating: She’s soooo good at eating! We had to get her weight rechecked at the doctor’s office because they thought there was no way she could have gained that much weight that quickly. That’s where she got the nickname “Pud” when we burp her by sitting on our thigh she looks like a chubby little curmudgeon and it made me think of the saying “What’s my name, Pudentain, ask me again and I’ll tell you the same.” It stuck… she’s our Pud!

Playing: She’s soooooooooo alert! Wow, some days she doesn’t want to nap, and we get worried that she’s not getting enough sleep because she wants to be awake and take it all in! She’s YET to fall asleep without being held. She won’t fall asleep in a swing or bouncy seat, she’ll just look around.  She’s very strong! Great head and neck control since day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment